Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Better

    Dad's hiccuping got considerably more serious, such that he was having trouble breathing and was considering the emergency room, but he was able to get an appointment with his primary physician for this afternoon and I took him over there. They gave him a prescription and there was a little pharmacy in the same building, so we got the pills no problem. And they worked! So hopefully, that crisis is over, and he has the pills for any recurrence that might happen. So yay.
    I'm doing OK with the new computer, though it has little quirks and eccentricities that I could live without. I remembered all the important passwords (well, one was written down somewhere other than on the dead computer), so life returns more or less to normal. I still think it'll be no major problem to get the old computer back up and running, but it no longer has any kind of priority. The last couple of days has been a neat short course in what is important and what isn't. As have the last couple of years. (Somewhere all my English teachers are shaking their heads regarding my notion of subject-verb agreement.)
    Also I went back and got the closest picture ever of Al. E. Gator. Unfortunately, his head wasn't really visible, but it was still pretty cool. Also fun to hook the Nikon up to the new computer without bothering with its associated CD. I was pretty sure that that would work and it did. And it was a crazy beautiful day, in spite of the cold and the wind. So winners all the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment