Sunday, March 17, 2013

Ow!

    Woke this morning with a sore back. Partly this makes me want to expedite getting rid of the memory foam mattress in favor of finding some kind of claw-proof air mattress. Of course, that's really what a memory foam mattress is supposed to be, but somehow it never quite works out that way. I just get terrible circulation whenever I sleep on my sides, and often as not have a sore back when I get up anyway. But the latter probably isn't the mattress' fault.
    Somehow, the new laptop seems to be doing me in. This makes no sense. It's just a laptop. It's shaped a little differently than the previous one, being a bit wider. But there's no reason that I can think of that it would make me shift in the chair in any way such that it would result in back pain. However, I adjust to realities sometimes. The old laptop was raised from the table on a, well, another table, a breakfast-in-bed tray. I've put this one on a couple of telephone books on top of the tray on top of the table. This is to say a couple of inches higher. (Hey, Columbia isn't a really big town.) Hopefully, this will result in less back/neck pain, just like putting the old laptop on the breakfast tray did. I'd hate to go through with that spine removal surgery I've been threatening to have for all these years.
    Dad had another good day and is feeling both good and well. I'm starting to believe that I may at last get though as long as a couple of weeks without some other fiasco occurring. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment