Monday, March 18, 2013

Thing with feathers

    The darkness at the edge of town seems to be abating somewhat for reasons of its own. Major depression seems to be receding in spite of unhelpful weather today, which strikes me as a good sign. My brain suddenly started making all the decisions for me, the major one being to quit sitting on my ass all morning every morning and instead get out and get groceries and get started cooking or do the laundry or do the vacuuming or do whatever needs to be done. Thus for the first time in four years, I have my evenings free. Now I don't see any evidence that there's anyone out there with any interest in filling in my evenings, but if any such person turns up, well they're there.
    This may be evidence that the longest mourning period for any failed relationship ever is finally drawing to a close. Or that I may have finally latched on to some particles of hope. Or, more likely, that I've returned to my more usual state of "Well OK, there's no hope, but what harm in acting as if there were?" Does it help that Dad's doing better and seems likely to continue that way? Bet your ass!

2 comments: