Thursday, March 28, 2013

On-off switch

    Turning ever more into the blog about nothing, isn't it? My brother Mal gave my brother William and I Skullcandy earbuds to use with the iPods he also got us. (Quite a brother, isn't he?) I noticed immediately that there was an oblong plastic piece on the left earbud's cable, but thought nothing of it, figuring it to be some audiophile detail that I wouldn't understand. Today I happened to grab the cable by this piece, inadvertently squeezing it, and learned to my great surprise that it's an on-off switch. I have no idea why this completely captures my mind. There have been on-off switches of various types on electrical cords for all or practically all of my life, but somehow having one on a headphone cable completely blows me a way. It's like a zombie iPod man, controlled by its earbuds. Or some damn thing. Also the fact that it took me this long to figure it out amuses me boundlessly; I always like it when I'm dumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment