Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Learning to speak

    It's kind of odd being this many years old and finding myself unable to speak to an attractive woman. Once I get started, it's no longer a middle school/high school situation. In other words, I can talk perfectly normally; it's just in starting to speak at all that I'm all 14 years old again. I guess after this long in the cold I shouldn't be surprised, but I rather am. I had so given up on the idea of ever getting involved again that I guess it's hard to get the door open on that part of my personality. (On the other hand, having given up so thoroughly was why I could suddenly talk normally to attractive women. So perhaps I'm un-giving up without letting myself know, and that's why I'm tongue-tied again.) Anyway, something to work on.
    Dad is having another bad day today, but a different kind. He was just very, very weak, and also working his jaw somewhat spasmodically. I suspect that these are side effects of the Thorazine he used to stop the hiccups. He has already quit the Thorazine, so hopefully the side effects will pass without the hiccups restarting. Knock on wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment