Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Human attention span

    Yesterday I blithered about kitty memory span, so I'll do it again about myself, again calling it "attention span" on the subject line to be consistent in my dumbness. Dad had an appointment today at the same clinic he took his hiccups to a couple of weeks ago. It was nothing significant; just a checkout since they hadn't seen him since he went into rehab/nursing home/dialysis world. Even though it had been so little time since the hiccups appointment, I was convinced I would completely forget the way because the period around the previous appointment had been so stressful. However, visual memory came to the rescue and I found that I knew the way perfectly well. Take that, kitty!
    Dude continues not to be exactly brimming over with common sense. He said that he hadn't mentioned to the doctor (his internal medicine doctor, and also at least on paper his primary care physician) what bothers him most, which is the burping. I don't know if he's quit eating clementines on an empty stomach; I can only hope that common sense at least extends that far. Or we get to start it all over again. Let's all sincerely hope not.

No comments:

Post a Comment