Saturday, March 9, 2013

I STILL think it's funny

    No doubt I've used that subject line several times over the years, but I mean it differently this time. I STILL think it's funny that I've gotten this old and my parents never gave me a hard time about being gone for hours or coming in late, no girlfriend has ever given me a hard time about being gone for hours or coming in late, but my CAT! My cat is another story. She gives me whatfor any time I'm gone more than three hours. It would be further evidence that she is the reincarnation of my mom except that as I say, my mom never much bugged me about my movements. Maybe her stay on the astral plane changed her attitude of course.
    So the funny (in the peculiar sense, possibly) upshot of yesterday's ER adventure was hearing about it from Amelia when I finally got home. I just stopped in to feed her before going out to supper (having missed lunch and also the opportunity to cook my own supper) so I gave her all the attention I could in a flying visit and promised I would be home again soon. Not surprisingly, I heard about it all over again when I got home at last for good. I would get the possessive kitty. I keep hearing about these indifferent, standoffish cats. I think it would be very interesting to meet one of those.
    Dad unfortunately is still hiccuping and had a very bad day at dialysis. ("Miserable," he said.) He had another shortness of breath episode on the ride home, but the silver lining is that it was bad enough to stop the hiccups. So hopefully his evening is better, and the situation improves.

No comments:

Post a Comment