Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Kitty attention span

    OK, not attention span exactly, but memory span. I generally vacuum twice a week, every Monday and Thursday. In fact, I did so religiously for ages, maybe years. Every time, when I started moving the furniture, Amelia would jump down from her bed and go hide. (Amelia is NOT a fan of the vacuum cleaner.) Lately, I had a mini-run of actually having something not entirely unlike a social life, and I missed a few vacuumings. And when the next time to vacuum came around, Amelia would stay up on her bed magisterially (if that's a word) until actual vacuuming commenced. This indicates to me that a cat can remember stuff for as long as half a week, but not as long as a week. Or maybe it's just this cat.
    Then again, it may be also a matter of time of day. Because as I noted yesterday, I'm also making a greater effort to keep my evenings clear, so now I'm vacuuming earlier in the day. Her little brain may be thrown off by Big Stinky Man Thing getting the Big Noisy Thing out while the Hot Sun Thing is still in the sky. Hell, sometimes it confuses me, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment