Friday, March 22, 2013

Putting three cents in

    Years ago my siblings Malcolm and Anne got my dad a cell phone and set up an account with a local firm so he would have service. He practically never used it. Two years ago, when he was rehabbing for many months and I had to handle all his bills, I would get a bill from these people most months for four cents or so. I thought it was very funny and would go pay them the four cents. In the mean time, the phone that they were billing for gave up the ghost for the last time. Today, I found that they had sent still another bill, this one for three cents. It cost them 38.4 cents postage to send it, let alone whatever employee time it might take to maintain the account. I stopped around (with my three cents) and told them off a bit. It's just not all that funny anymore. Also it's both a waste of my time and their money. And I mentioned that the phone in question has been defunct for years. The lady who took my pennies said she would send word to the account manager to deactivate the account and stop sending damned stupid money-losing bills. Well, she didn't say it that way, but still.

No comments:

Post a Comment