Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Oh no! Almost forgot to blog

    I'm sure the sun would not drop out of the sky if I missed a day. But the comet might, so I didn't want to take the chance.
    Paul and I went up to Charlotte for the day. We met my buddy Russ at the Ethiopian restaurant and had a fine old time. We were just awed by what Russ plans to do next year. He's taken up mountain biking something astonishing and intends to do the Great Divide ride, from Banff, Canada to... someplace in New Mexico, I think. Heck, I think I could ride across town if you really pressed me. Maybe.
    Then Paul and I went to the Bechtler, which is a nifty if small museum of modern art. It tends to show a lot of birthday and Christmas cards that their artist friends made for the Bechtlers. And they're all very nice, too, but after a while you start wondering if they're really museum-worthy. And it would be nice if there were more explication and context given. But they also have a lot of astonishing stuff besides the Christmas cards. We've enjoyed every visit there, and the changing exhibits are always fascinating.
    OK, so I mailed this one in. It was kind of a busy day. Fun, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment