Friday, February 13, 2015

Big Lots expanding file

    OK, I bought it as a joke. I was looking for an expanding file with pockets that close at the bottoms like file folders, since I have a tendency to write important information on fugitive bits of paper. The other expanding files I saw didn't close at the bottom, so those bits of paper would have had a little convention down below the separators.
    I also moved my files there (from a file box with hanging separators) as a bit of a joke. And at first I hated it. The separators are clear, so you can see the files for the next company when you're looking for the ones for a particular company. And I was planning to put everything back in the big file box this weekend.
    But then... I went to the bank to get bank medallions (if you don't know what this is, you really really don't want to) and the banker asked if I had my documentation. And I did. It was all in there somewhere or another. So I'll be squarely gosh-darned and this is a totally unexpected and so far unrenumerated endorsement for the $9 26-pocket Expanding Folder from Big Lots. My new hero. Thanks to it, I did get my medallions and got my letters out in time against the three-day Presidents' Day deadline. Now, of course all the companies concerned will write back to say that since I didn't execute the letters at midnight under a full moon while standing on one leg with a finger in my ear, I'll have to start all over again. But I'll cross that bridge when I come to it, presumably on one leg.

No comments:

Post a Comment