Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Prepared

    Bankers and investment counselors (that can't possibly be how that is spelled, and yet it is) and accountants keep telling me that I am one of the best-prepared clients they have seen, which always strikes me as totally unbelievable. I don't feel prepared at all. It's somewhat dispiriting to think what the unprepared ones must be like. Although I should make the correction: I didn't feel prepared; however, lately I'm starting to.
    Unfortunately, I'm finding that during the state of shock period, my blankness was fairly comprehensive. Not only did I feel blank, but my ability to form memories was not too great either. I look at noted from phone conversations and have little or no idea what they mean. So, yaknow, I call 'em again. Everybody's very nice about it.
    The dealio about tasks ramifying, as I mention now and then that they do, is that they tend to ramify backwards. That is to say that I find that to get to what I thought would be step 1, there turns out to be a step 0a and 0b that have to be taken care of first. The top of the class for this so far is the outfit that requires a telephone consultation first, and that that would be a week and a half from now. I'm certainly wishing now that the blankness had dissipated a lot faster!
    It's still all pretty fun in a weird way. I get to talk to a lot of very nice people, sometimes without having to sit on hold first. I don't exactly know why everybody's phone systems garble the hold music, but I'm just glad that they don't do the same to voices. Not complaining or anything; it's just odd. Anyway, progress is being made, if slowly. It probably doesn't show, but I'm working hard. I think we'll make it through sooner or later.

No comments:

Post a Comment