Monday, February 2, 2015

Thanks, brain!

    My good ol' brain is starting to respond properly when I ask it questions, with answers that are actually helpful (as against The Brain, who only ever answered, "The same thing we do every night, Pinky: try to take over the world!") I'm also starting to get a little bit better organized, and I made the common-sense (I hope) move of getting a cheap printer. Because large investment funds would probably get a kick out of getting letters from executors scrawled in crayon, but that doesn't mean that they would be favorably impressed exactly.
    This executor/ personal representative gig is likely to get way less fun before it improves, and for the life of me I can't remember ever actually agreeing to do it, but I probably did way back 15 years ago. I do get to talk to a lot of friendly and helpful people, all of whom so far seem to be in the United States, which is a pleasant improvement. Heck, by the time I'm done, I might even remember how to compose a business letter again. I think I'll use burnt sienna.
    Crazy beautiful weather is taking an especially crazy turn today, with gusts over 50 mph. Neither I nor the car blew away, though (even if I had my doubts on the beltway) so that's nice, and the beautiful part is carrying on nicely. Fun thing about 60 degree weather when the wind is 30 mph is that when the wind blows, you're cold and when it doesn't, you're hot. Did a lot of zipping and unzipping of the ol' parka, that's for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment