Sunday, February 22, 2015

Not nostalgic

    The other night, I got takeout from a Jamaican place I had tried once. On the previous visit, I had asked if the jerk chicken was gluten free and was assured that it was, that everything was except for breaded items and the macaroni and cheese. And I had no problem-- then.
    Friday night, I didn't bother to ask about gluten, since the same fellow (the owner) was serving me. I probably should have, though. I had a hurty digestive system for the next twelve hours or so. And it reminded me of how I used to feel all the time. It did not, however, make me particularly nostalgic for the good old days.
    Stinks, though, because I really wanted to take my celiac friends there. There are many Jamaican places in Columbia and you would think that there would be one where one could confidently order jerk chicken. We just haven't found it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment