Sunday, February 1, 2015

Didn't have the heart

    As I have probably mentioned, my dad wrote out a multi-page set of instructions for me and what I was supposed to do after he died. This, however, was a couple-three years ago and there were a lot of housekeeping changes in that time. Margaret has been busily looking for the pages since Dad died, which is sweet of her. I had looked in the tomato box where Dad was keeping his 2014 financial records and found a spiral notebook with Dad's tax records since the '80s.
    Last night, she called and said that she had looked in the tomato box and found what Dad had been writing for her. I was pretty sure it was the same notebook I had found already, but I thanked her and told her that I would come get it. Today, I did. It was the same one. It'll definitely be very useful, but it wasn't what we were looking for. But I didn't have the heart to tell her. I thanked her again and took it away with me. It wasn't a wasted trip, because she also gave me some papers he had filled out for the funeral home, which sketched out his financial position somewhat, which is better than nothing. So that was all right.
    Weather continues balmy for the season. More to the point, the apartment has finally gotten dry enough such that it is no longer dank. I'm no longer cold all the time that I'm indoors. So yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment