Sunday, February 15, 2015

Thanks George!

    Being the actual successor trustee to my dad's trust, I'm glad that it isn't easy for someone to claim to be me and just ask for a check to be sent to him or her. That said, though, I think some of these outfits are going a little bit overboard in their requirements that I prove that I'm really me. I mean, I have all kinds of ID and the will says that I'm the successor trustee; that ought to be sufficient, right?
    Federated finally came through with the why and wherefore. The USA Patriot Act requires all this rigmarole. Isn't that great? As far as I can tell, none of the stand on one foot under the full moon at midnight stuff proves in any way that I'm not a terrorist. (Note to Homeland Security: I'm not.) Well, I return to my first point: if it's hard for me to prove I'm me, at least it's even harder for somebody not me to prove they're me. So there's that.
    Chills are past and I'm pretty much all better. But there can be no doubt: Ted Nugent really is wrong about everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment