Saturday, February 14, 2015

Chills

    Boy will this be brief! I'm having my second attack of chills this year. It isn't my idea of fun. The first bout was just before my dad died, so even less fun. It seems improbable that I would get the exact same strain of cold or flu twice in slightly more than one month. I know it sounds like a Nuge joke, but I think there's a good chance that I have cat scratch fever. The cats pretty clearly had fleas for much of the last couple-three months, but due to perpetual crisis mode, I didn't get around to getting Feline Advantage (flea poison) until relatively recently. It can be transmitted to people by fleas, if that isn't obvious.
    Anyway, the treatment for cat scratch disease is: do nothing. Also it's almost impossible to diagnose unless you have access to a PCR lab, and I don't think they have that at the doc in a box. In January, I had one rotten night and one not too good night and that was about it. So whether it's my gift from the rotten stinky cats, a mild cold or a mild flu or some other dang thing, I imagine I'll be getting over it momentarily, except for the lingering cough. Pretty sure I'll live.
    I felt so bad that I almost didn't cook today, but eventually I got on the stick. One nice thing about chills: you can stand over a hot stove pretty comfortably!
    Two days from now, this dang blog reaches its four-year anniversary. Because I missed a couple of days at some point, it won't actually be 1,461 entries (four years plus one leap day). I'll get over that somehow, too. At this time, I'll keep writing it until estate matters recede enough for me to think about starting a new, anonymous blog, or just keep banging out this stuff. Or just changing the name to Writing When The CatS Let Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment