Friday, February 20, 2015

GNC procedure #5006

    You may have seen the news story some weeks ago that many major companies selling dietary supplements are, according to lab testing, not in fact selling what's on the label of these supplements. It seems like all the companies are getting their supplements from the same dishonest sources, since the ingredients tended to be the same, that is, mostly common house plants. One of these companies was GNC. I take their (alleged) kelp tablets for iodine. Whether or not there is any in there, I'm pretty sure there's iodine at least, or anyway my thyroid keeps ticking along. (They may have gotten the iodine from a much cheaper source, of course.)
    What tickles me about it though is that on the labeling, it says, "Potency of Iodine verified by GNC procedure #5006." Oh, I thought, that clears it right up! Presumably, procedures 1-5005 were insufficient. Thank goodness they skipped preparations A-G.
    Weather continues beautiful but cold, but since the rest of the country is colder it would still be churlish to complain. Cat scratch fever or whatever it is still doesn't quite go away, much to my annoyance, but I'm using it as an excuse to be unproductive, so I suppose I'm grateful in a perverse sort of way. I'm hoping to get my posterior more nearly in gear Monday if not sooner. I'm not really covering myself in glory here. But it's true that a little infection affects your brain a lot; my thinking has not been too clear this week. I'll be happy when the cough goes away just as I will when the cold weather does. I like to think that they both will tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment