Wednesday, February 18, 2015

This rebirth

    Maybe it's just my imagination, but I feel a lot more cheery, silly and fun than I have in years. Not flirty or anything, but I tend to cut up with all these people I'm dealing with via long distance phone over estate matters. It isn't like I ever stopped being a wiseass, but it seems like I've kicked it into higher gear considerably. Fortunately, everybody seems entertained and no one seems offended or otherwise annoyed.
    Of course, I'd be even more delighted and delightful if I could ever get over this stupid cat scratch fever. Between that and the mad cow disease, I've got a zoo in my bloodstream! I must assume that the cats have it, too. I found it a good sign that Amelia was full of beans and playful as a kitten today for the first time in ages. I like to think that this means she's getting better and that I will, too. Either that or silliness is a side effect of cat scratch fever and we both have it.
    The Winter of Our Very Limited Discontent continues. It'll be cold tonight and tomorrow, but compared to places where they're getting buried under wave after wave of snow, it's impossible to complain. I mean as long as the heat works. It's another gorgeous day, although I'm sure the chamber of commerce would prefer it a little less windy. Except the kite stores of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment