Friday, April 24, 2015

EVerybody's a critic!

    Went to Congaree National Park today, thinking that since the (Congaree) river is no longer flooded that the inundation at the park would have subsided, too. This was not the best piece of thinking ever. However, the weather was sublime and the air marvelous and even if you can't make a circuit due to flooding, you can still put together a nice long walk there. And the floody photos came out pretty well. I took one with the phone camera in panorama mode and accidentally left it there. The next photo, I didn't realize this and just held the camera as for normal mode. It chirped up with a message: "Unable to take panoramic picture due to lack of scenery detail." I mean jeez; everybody really IS a critic. Would be funnier though if I panned properly and still got that message. "This scenery is beneath me," says the phone.
    I am much more cheerful, possibly because of the absurdly perfect weather, though I can't say that the better mood has led to greater productivity. One odd thing: I missed probably the show for the ages last night at Conundrum Music Hall owing to being grumpy. For some reason, this cheers me up. Almost like I've been punished sufficiently. Darned Catholic upbringing. Then again, maybe it's just having better dreams that cheered me up. Had a truly horrible one night before last. You don't want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment