Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Mr. Fixit

    I lost my happ'nin' earbuds, or thought I had. It turned out that I had left them on the wrong counter. Anyway, I couldn't find them, which is what lost means, so I took to the trail using my old Walkman-type headphones. I quickly found why I had been so happy to switch to earbuds. In addition to not fitting under my hat well, they feature a plug that just wouldn't stay in place. Or anyway it wouldn't stay in place well enough to avoid scritchy, poppy, annoying sound. I tried putting the iPod in my shirt pocket, I tried carrying it, I tried putting it in my back pocket, and nothing worked. I tried looping the extra line around width-wise, which didn't work either and I tried lengthwise and that did. I put it in the pocket from where it started with one loop around lengthwise and it worked perfectly for the rest of the walk.
    I appreciate that I am plumbing new depths of microscopic slices of life of very limited interest, but it was just weird. All the stuff I tried that made sense and should have worked didn't. The one thing I tried that should not have worked (since it didn't noticeably stop the line from being jostled) did. And anyway, maybe there's somebody out there trying to get their iPod to work with Walkman headphones. I have a suggestion!

No comments:

Post a Comment