Thursday, April 9, 2015

Everyone considered him...

    So I don't live in Columbia, but in Olympia, ten feet away but part of the county rather than the city. In the county, we have a dark green curbside cart (Herbie Curbie) for garbage just like in the city, but we also have a bright green one for recycling. Weeks ago we got notification that we should leave our recycling cart out starting Monday a week ago for inspection. Inspections might take more than a week but we would know it had been done when we saw a QC sticker on the cart.
    This morning, I happened to be looking out the window when I saw somebody walking from the cart across the street to mine, so figured it must be the inspector. (Pickers would have known they were all empty.) Later I went out, but there was no QC sticker on the recycling cart. Anywhere. Puzzled, I looked at the garbage cart. A QC sticker smiled back at me. Looked across the street and a QC sticker was on their garbage cart, too. Apparently, dark green and bright green are hard to tell apart. Everyone considered him/the moron from the county...

Edit: Ha! I'm the moron of the county! Looked back at the notification from the county and it clearly said that they're auditing both garbage and recycling rollcarts. My reading skills = not what they used to be. All apologies to my county cart inspector!

No comments:

Post a Comment