Sunday, April 26, 2015

Mystery fireworks

    So last night, a fireworks show happened. It wasn't any event or historic date that I know of. It went on for ages. I was listening to a baseball game, so the muffled sounds might have been anything. Eventually, though, somebody else posted about it on Facebook, so I went to see. My ears were telling me that it was coming from the State Fairgrounds, and that turned out to be correct.
    Thing is, there was nobody there. That is, there was no audience. Just the portion of the show that I stuck around for was very impressive, and I think it had been going at least an hour and would go on perhaps another half hour. Also odd was that there would be long gaps such that I would think that it was over, but no!
    I found a reasonably dark spot on George Rogers Boulevard where the right lane was blocked off by traffic cones anyway and pulled over there with the flashers on. I took some pictures with the regular camera app on the phone but then switched to the quick burst photo app. This gives you a lot of nearly identical photos, but they're so cool that so far I've been unable to steel myself to delete any. They're not quite shareworthy; just cool, as I said.
    As far as I know, nobody ever found out what the show was about. I still think it was a rehearsal for something. V-E Day isn't far away. Or maybe they were working on the 1812 Overture and forgot to invite the Boston Pops. Could be!

No comments:

Post a Comment