Wednesday, April 29, 2015

You could look it up

    This isn't anything earth-shattering, and of course if it were a topic that interested anybody but me they could look it up just as easily as I did, but I was surprised. I really really liked broasted chicken in my gluten-eating days and was getting really peeved that I couldn't find any recipes for gluten-free broasted chicken. So, as I say, I looked it up, and found to my surprise that "broasted" is a registered trademark of the Broaster Company, and that company sells its equipment, but only to restaurants. Apparently, pressure cooking chicken with a load of grease is really really really dangerous (Imagine!) so we peons aren't allowed to try it.
    So now of course, the mission is to get some restaurant to make gluten-free broasted chicken. Hey, how hard could it be? I'll get some famous person right on it. Seriously, apparently the Broaster Company also supplies all the flour and spices, so it seems that they would be the only ones to approach. Really, I'll get around to it. Well, we'll see how my oven-fried gluten-free fried chicken turns out. If it's tasty, I'll just call it broasted. I don't think the Broaster Company reads my blog; if you do, ladies and gents, I promise not to try to sell it under that name.

No comments:

Post a Comment