Friday, May 15, 2015

And they'll smell like bacon!

    The county had a recycling day today just up the street at the fairgrounds. They took many items that they don't normally take in home pickup. Mind you, both the county and the city have recycling centers where you can take such items, but since neither is terribly conveniently located, one never gets around to going. Alice gave me a scanner ages ago. She didn't have a power supply for it nor driver software. The former wouldn't have been a problem right up until a month or so ago when Radio Shack bit the dust. The latter shouldn't be a problem per se, but the odds that a 10+ year old scanner would work with Windows 7 is/are fairly poor.
    So they took lots of stuff, and I decided to offload the scanner, an equally elderly smoke detector, and some collected bacon grease. I'm not sure if the latter strictly speaking constitutes used cooking grease, but the head of the local biodiesel company himself took it; I guess he would know. He told me the county garbage trucks ran on biodiesel. I said, "And now they'll smell like bacon!" Long way to go for a little punchline, but it made me smile at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment