Tuesday, May 5, 2015

She was right!

    A while back I posted that Dad had written out a set of instructions for me as executor several years ago, that we had trouble finding them, that Margaret thought she had and gave me a notebook she thought contained them, and that I couldn't bear to tell her that she was wrong. Well, lucky thing! I had been looking for pages and pages of material, but it turned out to be only 2 1/2 pages, front and back. So I'm thrilled to say that she was right and I was wrong and the instructions have been found!
    Now admittedly I've done most of those things already, and also even a couple-three years ago, Dad's handwriting wasn't the easiest to read. So I haven't actually read through every word he wrote yet. (The priority for the day was meeting with the CPA to make sure that Turbo Tax had done Dad's 2014 taxes correctly (it had) and print off the hundred million pages of tax forms in order to send them in. I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to this.) But it's ultra cool to have the information and to be able to double check in case I missed anything. And I'm ultra proud of Margaret for finding it. So major yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment