Thursday, May 7, 2015

Crap Font

    There's an outfit out there called Salt Life. I have no idea what they do for a living except sell rear window decals and t-shirts that read "Salt Life" in a really, really, really crappy font. I think of it as Serial Killer Script. Among other problems, it's very hard to read, so for ages I was trying to figure out what message these strange people were trying to convey in serial killer script.
    Anyway, I decided today that the way to strike back would be to make decals in the same font reading, "Crap Font." Googling suggested that I was not exactly the first person to try to find the Salt Life font, though most of the others actually like it. (LOT of serial killers on the Internet!) Some of them had found that whatever Salt Life does for a living, they're fiercely protective of and litigious about their logo. So apparently, this isn't going to be how I make my million. However, so long as I don't try to sell any, I imagine I can still design a "Crap font" logo, print it on a decal, and put it in my back window. I'll feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment