Tuesday, May 26, 2015

You're getting even while I'm getting odd

    (The above is the title of the first post Peter Wolf J. Geils Band record, which anyone who knows me even slightly could guess I went out and bought immediately because of the title. Or anyway eventually. Generally, it was a waste of space, although one number, I Will Carry You Home, was very much worth the trouble.)
    I've always had a phobia about or anyway a predilection against odd numbers. I don't care for odd years and I don't care especially for the more than half of every odd year where my age is also odd. However, this year has been so abysmal, I'm doing a rethink. Maybe it's worse to have an even numbered age in an odd numbered year. Maybe when both the year and age are odd, the fact that added together they make an even number makes everything all right. Yes I know it's insane, but hey-- all superstition is. If I can come up with a formula that lets me feel like I can have a happier time with the rest of the year, I think I'll run with it.
    For my birthday, yet another zebra butterfly taunted me and almost let me take its picture. I'm pretty sure supermodels would be easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment