Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Genies

    I had another genie story, but I can't get it out. Or rather, I can't think of a way to make it good. The payoff would be that I'm the genie, that I'm the one keeping me away from my wishes, which is pretty obvious anyway. Very hard to create a believable setup for one thing. Where does one find a magic lamp these days?
    Speaking of things that are hard to find (the king of segues strikes again!), that leaping before looking thing has bit me on the ass again. I bought another box of Aldi angelfood cake mix (which still requires a dozen egg whites). I thought it couldn't be hard to find powdered egg whites. Somebody I know assured me she had found them locally. I've tried every natural food store I can think of and am stumped. Of course, there's always Amazon, so I'm never stumped, but it just seems silly that no one would carry this. Apparently, nobody but me has difficulty separating eggs. No doubt if I went to a kitchen store, they would sell me an egg separator. Anyway, after further review, the muffins made with pasteurized egg whites aren't all that terrible. Eating all of them may wind up landing me in dialysis, but they're actually pretty good. So there's that!

No comments:

Post a Comment