Sunday, May 17, 2015

Some things you don't have to see

    I took a picture of Dad and Margaret holding hands in their sleep on their last day together. It was achingly sweet and I was very proud of it. A half hour earlier, I took a picture of the sunset over the pond at Lowman Home. It was also an excellent picture, but also bespeaking a certain sadness and of ending.
    I printed and framed both, just using my printer and Dollar Tree frames. I thought and think them awesome. But I've been having increasing problems with depression and had an idea that they might be helping. Lately, I got an app that changes photos into paintings. I've had a lot of fun with it, particularly with my abstract expressionist cats. The pictures are made to look good on a tiny phone screen, so they don't necessarily blow up that well. However, a couple of them look all right larger. One is the wallpaper on this laptop now. The other two have temporarily taken the places of the pictures that were making me a little sadder than I might have been otherwise. It isn't like I'll forget; both images are written on my brain. I just don't have to have them looking down on me 24 hours a day. Or anyway not right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment