Sunday, May 31, 2015

Still dicing with fate

    I'm now up to four miraculous saves from trees for the drone in three days. Today's rescue, also at USC's Horseshoe (or if you aren't from here, the nice part) required throwing a hiking boot at it. I was very much expecting to lose the hiking boot, too. The kick in the head (besides the hiking boot) is that I only went there because it's really pretty and I wanted some pictures from the drone camera of something other than me and none of the pictures were interesting at all, especially not the ones I was too focused on trying to take such that I wound up running it into the tree in the first place.
    I'm scanning what I wrote already and I don't think I've discussed the oint in the flyment (Thanks Terry!), which is that the video comes out in avi format. This is huge and can't be viewed on my phone. I have to convert it either to wmv to see it on my phone or to mp4 to share to Facebook. Not a major issue, but if anybody wants to get a Syma quadcopter, this is about the only criticism I have to make. Well, that and the fact that it'll probably be up a tree permanently soon, but that's all my fault. But seriously, I may as well blog the heck out of dronyism; how long is this likely to last? My sister said she was glad I liked it, especially as this means she can just get me another one every few months. Fair enough, no doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment