Tuesday, May 19, 2015

The customer is always... annoying

    Note: it's hard to maintain a proper level of righteous indignation with a small cat trying to lick your nose. Also I'm not that indignated. But still.
    I went to Trader Joe's and my bill wasn't great enough to require use of the debit card. But then I had only $7 left and have Drinking Liberally tonight. So I went to the nearby NBSC branch and attempted to use the ATM. I should have known better when the guy ahead of me shrugged and drove off. Didn't. The machine took my card and wouldn't do anything else. I tried every button, including of course punching in my code several times. Bupkis.
    So I went inside, sore annoyed. The young man handling problems with the ATM was not very concerned. He just said that they can't get my card back and that it would be overnighted here. I asked if they could overnight it to a branch nearer to me. He just couldn't understand, and I'm reasonably sure that we were both speaking English. He kept telling me that I had to be there to sign for it and I kept telling him that I wasn't asking him to overnight it to my house but to my branch. Eventually I got this across. There was never an apology of any kind, never any attempt to soothe. Yeah, sure I was fairly irascible, but who wouldn't be? The rest of the staff was perfectly cordial and I had no difficulty being cordial with them. I guess I should have pulled out the ol', "When I was your age, sonny..." but there just didn't seem to be any point. My bitter little heart hopes that he has an endless stream of POed customers with missing ATM cards trooping through, since he also was too lazy to go out and put an out of order sign on the machine. And I'm totally not being bitter because he had better hair than me!

No comments:

Post a Comment