Thursday, May 14, 2015

Swinging into motion!

    My bank statement showed I had markedly less than I thought I did, like a nice new car worth less. (Don't get excited; it's nothing bad.) Suddenly, all lassitude and procrastination left me and I was in gear like nobody's business. Or anyway, nobody else's. (Do you think the fact that all the stuff I'm currently putting off is mostly not my own business might be a prime reason I keep putting it off?)
    Anyway, I went to the bank this morning loaded for bear or at least ready to huff and puff a bit to get to the bottom of it. The bottom of it was not hard to find. I couldn't read my own handwriting. It was a copying error on my own checkbook. Darn it. Hell, I don't mind being wrong and I'm not surprised that I had less money than I thought because I had been thinking that my balance was bigger than it should have been. But still, I liked that extra-big balance! And I was just about to get that nice new car. Back to carjacking, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment