Thursday, May 28, 2015

Exciting stuff

    ...that I'm probably too tired to post about. Forgive it please if I'm as brief as I can be. As today is worth about three blog entries, I'll probably wind up making it into that. First, I got my drone yesterday. Since FedEx brought it to the front apartment instead of to me, I didn't get it until dark though, so I couldn't play with it until today. It was mega-crazy fun! Also, the camera is surprisingly good. I crashed it high in a tree, but miraculously got it down, and played with it again in a more open area. I'll kill it sooner or later, but right now, what fun!
    This is one of those little annoying things not worthy of recording except to set up what followed. As I've said, my bank machine ate my ATM card last week and I was sore annoyed. But the bank sent another card the next day no problem. However, now they've sent another. It's identical except now the Member Since space is filled in. Also, there was no sticker with the validation phone number on it. So I went to the bank to ask what it was all about. They didn't know either so I tried it in the ATM to see if it needed validation. It didn't. But the driver's side window wouldn't go back up. And we are expecting rain.
    So I called the Toyota dealership that offers rent a car and asked if they had anything cool like an Avalon and they said not. So I called the closer Toyota dealership to see if they could manage a loaner and they said not. So I went to the far away one with rent a car. When I got there (4 pm), the service rep suggested that since they're open until 7, they might be able to get it done today. So I went to the waiting room and took extensive advantage of the free WiFi. Eventually I was offered a choice between after market parts for less money and being finished today or Toyota parts for more money and having to wait until Saturday. I bet you can guess what I chose. So they had me out the door again by 6:30, and I'm fairly pro Dick Dyer Toyota right now. Out $400 so not crazy pro, but comparatively well pleased. I still think I could have gotten that window up if I could find a big enough tweezers!

No comments:

Post a Comment