Thursday, February 11, 2016

Hey buddy!

    I change the cats' litter boxes outside in hopes of impinging less on everyone's breathing. This time out, instead of supervising up close, Harry decided to go up on the roof and supervise from there. Midway through the job, I noticed him and in surprise, more or less shouted, "Hey, buddy!" Robert from up the street was walking by and stopped dead, thinking I was addressing him. I told him that he's a buddy, too, but I was talking to Harry on the roof. It was pretty funny at the time.
    I'm feeding the little weasels four times a day now and I had already given them their first afternoon feeding. So I was surprised when Harry came down from the roof and came in with me when I brought the litter boxes in. I had to cook for myself, but he didn't know that. Eventually I was cutting up raw chicken. You NEVER saw anybody more willing to help out in the kitchen, and I include little kids when cakes are being frosted. I guess a nice person would have cut up one chunk tiny tiny and made sure it was both unspiced and completely cooked and passed it along. But then, their food costs more than mine does anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment