Thursday, February 25, 2016

Whoosh!

    Our latest communal bout with Post Flood Stress Disorder seems to be past, knock on wood. It turns out that I'm not the only one who freaks out a little every time it rains. I can just imagine how the people who actually had their possessions washed away react. Anyway, we dodged the rain bullet and the tornado bullet and aren't doing too badly with the high winds bullet. Some power lines and some traffic lights got knocked out, but in general it's been a pleasant, if damned windy, couple of days. All sympathies to those in neighboring states who weren't so lucky.
    I've been having odd dreams but you are lucky in that I don't remember any specifics. My dad tends to be alive and well in all of them, though, which is pleasant. I remember a lot of the usual dormitory-type dreams except the dorm is vastly more crowded. What does it mean? No idea.
    I've been jonesing for Brunswick stew for ages, partly because my favored Indian restaurants tend to serve a curry stew now and again that's quite similar to it. I'm trying to make something not entirely unlike Brunswick stew at the moment, but I'm pretty sure that's what I'll get: something not entirely unlike Brunswick stew. I bet it's good whatever it is, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment