Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Still learning how to dress in layers

    I know the rest of the country will be sending a big boo hoo at us poor South Carolinians (highs in the 40s, lows in the 20s) but remember, we don't have the clothes for this stuff. I have a new restaurant in my neighborhood. Well I have two, but the first is a pizza place not known for concern about gluten. But the new one is a taco shop that's great on gluten. And I was going to walk over yesterday and welcome them to the neighborhood. Got almost three blocks. Big big wind up.
    When I drove over, I found that while they were good on gluten, they weren't interested in procuring non-GMO corn. Sorry; forgot to mention that it's a taco place. So I bailed, nicely I think. Point of all this is that it wasn't that darned cold even with the wind. Apparently, my cotton long-sleeve shirts worn as undershirts, my flannel shirts worn as over shirts and my cotton sweaters aren't suited to actual wintertime. If this keeps up, I'm going to buy a pack of thermal underwear shirts. (I'm wearing one now and feeling a lot warmer.)
    Today I won the gas pump lotto, drawing one that I didn't have to hold onto to keep it pumping. (Here in the third world, those are getting rare.) This was very lucky, as I had forgotten my gloves. I should have played the real Lotto, but I just don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment