Monday, February 15, 2016

Mass cabin fever

    This is the mass cabin fever edition of It's always darker before the dawn, or vice versa. The cats are driving me nuts since they want to be fed every two hours. It's still nasty and cold outside, though it should be temperate again by midnight (the day's high is supposed to come at 11 pm) and then get warmer as the week wears on. Mind you it's still February and they might sneak in any number of additional cold spells. But this is freaking South Carolina; it should be generally springlike from here until it gets furnacelike in a month and a half or so.
    If I really fed them as often as they want to be fed, I wonder how big they would finally get? These two little waddling sausages on four legs, staying on the floor since they wouldn't be able to jump anymore. I feed them four and more usually five times a day. Not much at each feeding, but when I fed them twice a day they left a lot on their plates. Less food more frequently seems to work best.
    Maybe I'll just order a whole tuna from the Tokyo fish market. Have at it, kitties! Yeah, that'll work! Naw, just a few more hours and it's spring again and I can let at least the wilder cat out most of the time. Ah spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment