Saturday, February 13, 2016

Well THAT will make me go walking!

    I'm very unreliable. The minute I posted that the reopening of several of my favorite walking paths had led and would lead to me walking every day again, I stopped. Not altogether, of course, but I've missed many days and seldom get close to a half-hour walk. As I may have noted now and then, Johnny is no fan of chilly weather. However, today the mighty mighty USC Gamecock basketball team had a noon home tipoff against the much declining Kentucky Wildcats in a battle of first-place SEC teams. (Gives an idea what UK declined from that they're still in first place.) And got boatraced. Just absolutely ashcanned. The first half was bad enough, but they came out from the break and immediately fell even further behind. And suddenly I remembered how much I like going walking in Olympia. Harry was inside and everything, so I didn't have to worry about him following me. It helped that, though cold, it's an insanely gorgeous day.
    Note to UK: big road win happens with Calipari thrown out after two minutes. Maybe y'all could save big salary and just let the assistants coach.

No comments:

Post a Comment