Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Any one you drive away from

    Oh, my neck! So I was supposed to be sitting around all day waiting for the HVAC man. Instead, they called early to say that my house was next. Then nothing. Then more nothing. Then they called to say that their guy had gotten hung up on the previous job and the guy in the other half of my house couldn't wait, so they would reschedule. So I'm free!
    I went to my favorite, Timmerman Trail, but did an abbreviated version due to the Dad situation. It was still nice, especially as this was the first sunny day in it seems like forever. And I was driving home, minding my own business, tooling up State Street in Cayce, when this individual in a white subcompact came out of the Valero station without looking first. I stood on both the horn and the brake and I guess he swerved a bit. There was impact, but no apparent damage. However, he couldn't have known that at the time, but he just drove off. Being in a car and all, I could have chased him down or at least gotten his tag number and called the police, but it was such a low-speed crash, I figured I would live. Thing is, I needed new tires before. After all that burnt rubber, I suspect I need them a little more now.
    Subject line is a paraphrase of what they say about plane landings: Any landing you walk away from is a good one. Applies to car accidents, too, I guess. I picked up a layer or two of white paint, though he had a good few layers left. That is, his car was still white, with no visible damage. No doubt neither of us are as aligned as we were before, but in my case I would have no doubt been getting an alignment with the new tires anyway. The headlights still work, and that's about all I know. I feel fine.
    We enjoyed a brief visit with Dad after dialysis yesterday. He seems to be doing a lot better. Heck, maybe they'll just send him home. That would work for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment