Saturday, September 6, 2014

Who's afraid of the vacuum NOW?

    I actually went more than a week without vacuuming. Although I went 50 years or so without vacuuming before that, this is pretty much unprecedented during the vacuuming era. I still think that the vacuum bag is full, but the Check Bag light never comes on. It occurs to me that the Check Bag light might only come on when there is in fact no bag. But for a machine that has a dirt sensor that tells me when the carpet is extra dirty, it seems like it wouldn't be heavy lifting to tell me when the bag is full.
    Whether it's full or it isn't, I'm taking the bag out when I finish vacuuming Monday. Then I'll also try turning the vacuum on without putting in a new bag and hope that then at least the Check Bag light will come on. That at least will tell me something!
    The reason that I'm afraid of the vacuum is not that I have finally become a cat but because the canister (which, like "vacuum," I cannot spell) gets hot, which I don't think it did the first few times. But maybe I never touched it before while vacuuming. I did at least find that tai chi vacuuming (going slowly due to the aforementioned dirt sensor giving the red light frequently) is easier with the handle extended to the appropriate height. And hopefully everyone's breathing gets better. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment