Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Further bus mystery

    As I mentioned in connection with another matter, the local bus operation has changed its name, somewhat ironically, to COMET. Apparently that isn't all that they're changing. They're are little signs stuck in the ground, rather like the new wave in political yard signs (cardboard and wire), saying that this is a COMET transit stop. The previous regime, which I rather thought was the same regime as this only with a different name, had put up metal signs with a stop number and a phone number. I've never tried it, but I liked the idea that if I called the number and gave the number (if you follow), somebody could maybe tell me when my bus was coming.
    I don't know what the deal is with the new signs. I noticed them first near the USC campus and thought they were a helpful guide for students, but now I'm seeing them in many places. The metal signs are still around, too, some just across the street from the new ones. Perhaps a sign ordinance has struck. Perhaps radical changes are ahead for the bus routes. I just don't know. Maybe I'd better call the number on one of the old signs sooner rather than later and ask when my box of light is coming. I'm sure they're avid readers of my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment