Monday, September 29, 2014

Captain Worst-Case-Scenario

    It's nothing, literally nothing at all. I went to Lowe's to get a new HVAC filter, and I parked right on a sewer grate. I like to think that I catastrophize less than I used to, but I couldn't help but go through the whole scenario: what if I locked the rental car, then dropped my keys accidentally down the sewer? How would they move the car to move the grate even to begin searching for my keys? What would the water do to the electronic door lock? Etc. etc. etc. On the bright side, this kind of catastrophization does lead one to hold onto his keys more tightly. So there's that. And as I say, nothing of the sort happened. Just an eerie voice echoing up, saying, "Come down and play, John!"
    Dad continues well. The nursing home just called saying that they had taken him off of one blood pressure medicine and cut down on another. I told them that he had had quite low blood pressure for years. It would have been nice if someone had asked me, or his regular doctor. But it's good that they did the right thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment