Thursday, September 11, 2014

Bebeep

    Last night's visit was fairly brief because Dad was in dialysis, or at least waiting to be brought back from dialysis, forever. (He measured it as four hours of dialysis and two of waiting, but it may have been longer.) They brought him food, again the liquid diet, but at least it placated him. Somebody left a portable defibrillator in the room. This went Bebeep! Bebeep! pretty loudly four times every two minutes. So I got somebody to come take it away. It didn't bother the hearing-impaired ones too much and it mainly amused me, but still. Dad has a pacemaker, so it was pretty definitely needed more somewhere else anyway.
    After Jeopardy, I went looking for something else for him to watch, as I thought Obama was coming on at 8 (I was wrong, but it doesn't matter particularly; there wasn't anything they wanted to see at that hour anyway.) I found a rerun of the Ole Miss-Vanderbilt game from last Saturday and a live major league baseball game, so I put on the latter. Dad said, "I like football better than baseball," so I put on the rerun. Well he hadn't seen it, so it wasn't all that crazy. Kinda weird from my point of view though. Then again, I like baseball.
    We have no idea how long he'll be in the hospital. Nobody has even said anything further about what might be wrong with him, at least not to me and not to him. He's bored and just wants to go home. Today, Margaret absolutely has to do her taxes, so she may not be able to go visit, and tomorrow he's likely to have dialysis again. So I'm afraid he's going to stay bored. But at least he's feeling well, so yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment