Thursday, September 25, 2014

Today's adventures

    Today has been a lot less stressful than yesterday, fortunately. Most problems came from my regular life, because I cook for several days' meals in advance, and today I was out of lunches and dinners. Cooking days are a little stressful, double cooking days moreso and days that would be stressful anyway, well just guess.
    First thing, somebody called from the nursing home about Dad's pacemaker. He has a pacemaker and a monitor, but nobody seems too worried about either; it was just put in as a safety measure because of his somewhat irregular heartbeat. The problem was that since there isn't a phone line in the room, they might have to put one in for the monitor to work. I gave the lady the name of Dad's heart doctor and clinic. A little later, I heard back that if the monitor had a USB connector on the side, it wouldn't need the phone line. Unfortunately, the monitor was at Margaret's and she wasn't up yet. So I told the lady I would check and get back to her.
    At a more reasonable hour, I checked in with Margaret and she said it was OK for me to come look at the monitor. A USB connection! So I left a message to that effect at the nursing home and that I would bring it this afternoon. (Isn't my life exciting?)
    I also needed to bring out my powers of attorney for them to make copies of and we wanted to bring Dad more clothes and a phone he might have less trouble with. I had visions of seeing a movie tonight, so I also asked my brother William to drive out behind us so he would know the way and the codes and so he could bring Margaret home. All was successfully done. Vegan shepherd's pie was made for lunch, I took my walk so I might start getting less grumpy ANY minute, and turkey chili with quinoa has been made for supper. "A Night At The Opera" is on the horizon. Dad continues pleased with the Lowman Home. Not such a terrible day.

No comments:

Post a Comment