Friday, September 19, 2014

Update-free update

    Dad's early morning call today was to the effect that the nurse had said that one facility in the area had in-house dialysis. He misheard the name (which will be left out of this because libel is still frowned upon), but I was pretty sure it was a physical rehab place with a godawful reputation. I spoke with the social worker and she confirmed that that was it, and that it wouldn't be a good place for my dad. So we expect he'll go to one of the nice religious-affiliated nursing homes until he gets his strength back and can handle the gall bladder drain bags himself. A fun stretch of writing his name in permanent marker on all his clothes is ahead!
    I thought that the vaccine clinic had said that Harry had to come back for one more set of boosters, but nothing of the sort was written on the paper they gave me last time. And there was a good reason for that; he didn't. However, he had something on his neck that I wanted a professional to look at and I still wanted him microchipped. I paid for the latter and got the former for free. It was just a scab, not a tick. The microchip biz is kind of a racket. It's free for a year, then $20/per year afterwards, or $50 for lifetime coverage. I said no thanks, I want to make him an inside cat anyway. I'm sure after a year, they'll come out and take the chip out of him. Kidding!

No comments:

Post a Comment