Saturday, September 13, 2014

He sounded so good I just wanted to reach out and hug him

    That'll be the quote of the year. It was actually the other day, the first time we had difficulty making it to visit Dad. Margaret talked to him on the phone, though, and obviously was pleased at how he sounded.
    Visiting difficulties continue. This is a home football game day so my neighborhood is overrun by 80,000 people. I did go by this morning, early, but he was sleeping soundly and no amount of heys and his were getting him awake. He did look very good and very well, though.
    Margaret suggested she would drive herself to the hospital or ask my brother to take her, which would be great for all concerned. It's a fairly early game, so at least he'll be occupied from 3 to 7 or so regardless of whether anyone comes to visit. Hey, Gamecocks, give us a win! We need it for my Dad's morale!

No comments:

Post a Comment