Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Still like boring best

    Dad had to go to the dentist today to have some bridgework replaced. Not having had such work myself, I didn't know what this entailed nor how long it would take. Dad had done it before of course (as"replaced" would suggest) and he wasn't nervous, so I wasn't either.
    It was really quick. Apparently painless as well. Our only wait time was due to having arrived early. We made the whole trip in maybe an hour and a half. I am, as ever, a huge fan of boring. Hopefully Dad's choppers will chop better now.
    That's the whole blog entry really; now I'll blither at random. Blither A: the new cat's favorite thing is trying to grab my arm. It's like he wants to do pull-ups on my forearm, but pulls back at the last minute. I am grateful for this, as he has some very big claws and could do a lot of damage treating me like a tree. I like to think he knows this, too, and is being nice. He really is a pretty sweet fellow on the whole.
    Blither B is that Civilization IV Beyond the Sword continues to be a strange experience. I had mastered the medieval diplomatic victory using the Apostolic Palace and was putting up monster scores in record times. Then today, I went with my favorite civilization (Ethiopia, for game-advantage reasons) and just couldn't get anywhere. I won of course (I'm still playing at Mickey Mouse level) but it took eons. The game has a fun new trick, which is that if you found enough cities on a new continent, you can set them free. I did this, but after I had built that culture up to be so strong that they would have whipped me if they had wanted to go to war. So a long, fun but dullish learning experience. Ethiopia will rule! I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment