Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Seeing improvements

    Ok, I'll be honest; I'm not really seeing improvements. But Margaret is, and she's spent a lot more time with Dad than I have so I'll trust her. One improvement is undeniable; he can work the phone now. He's calling her often, so they're both a lot less lonely. And he's started his physical therapy and he likes it. He's understandably grumpy that he doesn't have a TV during dialysis. I'll have to see if I can get that rectified. And he's pretty on the ball. I think the change in blood pressure medicines yesterday was probably beneficial; anyway it certainly didn't hurt.
    They still mainly sing old songs to each other and together. They couldn't remember the words to "Cherry Pink and Apple Blossom White" (after only 60 years or so) so I tracked it down for them on YouTube. All very, very sweet.
    Continuing on that theme, I picked up a Calvin & Hobbes book at Goodwill for 50 cents the other day. It proved to be the last. The last Calvin & Hobbes ever was also achingly sweet, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment