Friday, September 26, 2014

Rockin' the Mazda 2!

    OK, it isn't funny, but it's ironic. I finally got around to renting a car for a while so that I could put my car in the shop for a while. (Hopefully "while" = "week.") First I went to Enterprise RentACar ("We pick you up!") across the river. When they found out that I wanted to be picked up on this side of the river, interest suddenly waned. "You have to go to the downtown or Garners Ferry location for that."
    I suggested that they might want to think about the customer service part of customer service and went to Budget. Or possibly Avis. The place had both. It's near enough to my house that I didn't need them to pick me up. (I had gone to Enterprise because some online sources said that they sometimes have the Mazda 5, in which I was interested. Apparently not anymore.)
    I just decided to go cheap, so I got a Mazda 2, which is just darlin'. I went to my auto mechanic (where I had wanted Enterprise to pick me up) only to find that he had moved-- across the river. If I had known that in the first place, going to Enterprise would have been a brilliant move all along and I would have been saved from being rudish to two more perfectly nice people. Then again, they probably would have said, "Naw, still too far."
    I dropped my car at the mechanic's new location (oddly, next to one of Drinking Liberally's old locations) and walked across the river. It wasn't really that far; I walk farther than that for exercise a lot of days. Walking across the Blossom St./Knox Abbott Drive bridge wasn't nerve-racking exactly, but neither was it calming. I could have wished for a prettier day to make photography worthwhile. But it was still fun. He'll get in touch Monday with what the damage is. I'm expecting something dramatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment